Artless Me

I'm shooting cast and crew interviews today for Posthuman. Come rain or shine, we're doing it!  And then we're all going out for a dinner together.  It's great to hang out with these people.  They're all so diverse and talented.  Plus, it's kind of nice to chill with them so they know who I am before my character starts messing with all of their heads!

Lyndon (the director) asked me to do the interviews since that's kind of what I do for a living right now, but the funny thing is that in my mind it's just asking questions and talking to people.  That's the weird thing about my job - it doesn't feel like a skill to me.  I originally auditioned for the position, went to the callback, then started the gig.  And I know - because I've seen it - that not everyone can talk into a camera naturally and carry on a conversation with someone who's not there, etc. *side note: does the fact that I can carry on a conversation with people who aren't there mean I'm crazy???* ...basically not everyone can host.  I guess I can, but it doesn't feel like I have a skill others do not.  I'm constantly sure they'll discover that I'm a fraud 'cause I'm really not doing anything other than talking into a camera and anyone can do that.  It's really the same conversation I would have with you to your face...just into a big black thing.  Do any of you have that?  Do dancers feel like they do something that everyone can do?  Do computer programmers not understand how people can't understand? 

No comments:

Post a Comment